If you’ve simply purchased a brand new laptop computer, one of many first stuff you’re in all probability going to need to do is personalize how it appears. Windows has loads of choices for customizing what you see if you open up your system. You can select a lock display, use a photograph or different picture as your wallpaper, and choose a theme.
It’s fairly easy and simple to do when you entry your personalization settings. To do this:
- Click on the Start button
- Click on the cog icon to open up Settings
- Select “Personalization”
From right here, you can also make quite a lot of design adjustments to the interface of your PC.
Change your wallpaper
- Click on “Background” within the left-hand bar
- Use the drop-down menu beneath “Background” in the primary home windows to select whether or not to use an image, slideshow, or strong colour as a wallpaper
- If you’d like to select a picture as your wallpaper, click on on “Picture.” Windows gives you a few of its personal choices for images beneath “Choose your picture.”
- If you favor to use certainly one of your personal images, click on on the “Browse” button. Select a picture and click on on “Choose picture.”
- To change the format of the photograph, click on on the drop-down menu beneath “Choose a fit.” There are a lot of alternative ways you should utilize the picture — fill the house, for instance, middle it on the display, or create a tile impact.
- Once you choose a match, you’ll see your new wallpaper behind the Settings window; be happy to experiment to see what fits you (and your photograph) finest.
- If the picture doesn’t fill all the display, you can even select a background colour. Scroll down to “Choose your background color” and choose a colour. (If the picture does fill all the display, you then gained’t see that choice.)
- If you’d fairly skip setting an image as your background, you possibly can go for a colour as an alternative. Select “Solid color” within the Background drop-down menu, after which choose a colour from the tiles beneath “Choose your background color.” You also can choose a customized colour.
- Finally, you possibly can choose “Slideshow” from the drop-down menu beneath “Background.” To select which footage will seem in your slideshow, click on “Browse” beneath “Choose albums for your slideshow,” choose a folder, after which click on “Choose this folder.”
- You’ll then discover extra settings to select from, akin to how usually the slideshow adjustments photos, toggling shuffle, whether or not to play the slideshow on battery energy, and how the picture ought to match the display. You also can select a background colour for when the picture doesn’t fill the display.
To set a lock display
- Select “Lock screen” from the sidebar on the left
- Open up the drop-down menu beneath “Background.” You’ll get three choices: “Windows spotlight,” “Picture,” and “Slideshow.”
- To use a static picture as your lock display, select “Picture.” Then choose a picture from the choices beneath “Choose your picture.”
- As with your wallpaper, you can even use your personal photograph for the lock display by clicking “Browse,” utilizing the pop-up window to navigate to the picture you want, after which clicking “Choose picture.”
- To arrange a slideshow to play when your system is locked, click on “Slideshow.” You’ll see a piece referred to as “Choose albums for your slideshow,” which exhibits the folders the slideshow will play photos from. To take away a folder, click on on it after which click on “Remove.” To add one other folder, click on the “Add a folder” button, navigate to the folder you’d like to choose, after which click on “Choose this folder.”
- Below that, you’ll see “Advanced slideshow settings.” Click on that to modify settings like when to flip off your display, whether or not to lock or flip off the display when the system is idle, and whether or not to play a slideshow when your Windows is on battery energy.
- The third lock display choice is “Windows spotlight.” This characteristic gives you a photograph for your lock display. You can point out whether or not you just like the photograph and your suggestions shall be used to customize which images comply with.
- No matter which lock display choice you select, you possibly can modify which apps will present up on that display. Click the icon beneath “Choose one app to show detailed status on the lock screen,” and choose an app from the drop-down menu. Under that, you possibly can choose extra apps that may display a less-detailed standing on the lock display.
Choose an accent colour:
- Click on “Colors” within the left-hand sidebar
- Click on the down-down menu beneath “Choose your color.” Here, you possibly can select between Light and Dark modes. If you choose “Custom,” you possibly can select individually to use Light or Dark mode for Windows and for your apps.
- Whatever you select, you possibly can then scroll down to “Choose your accent color,” and choose a colour from one of many tiles there or choose a customized colour by clicking on the + beneath.
How to use themes
Themes are a bundle of wallpapers, sounds, and colours that you should utilize to customize your system. You can select a theme that comes with your system, or get extra from the Microsoft Store.
- You can discover “Themes” within the sidebar on the left, and also you’ll see your present theme in a window on the high of the primary space.
- If you need, you possibly can click on on “Background,” “Color,” “Sounds,” and “Mouse cursor” to modify every of those options individually.
- Scroll down to “Change theme” to see some others you possibly can select from. As earlier than, you’ll see the outcomes of the adjustments within the window on the high of the web page, and you may modify the background, colour, sounds, and cursor individually. There can also be a hyperlink to the Microsoft Store the place you’ll discover extra themes to play with.
- Click on “Save theme” to retailer the customized theme you’ve created.