COVID-19: India Embed Lockdown, Millions of people homeless and without food

COVID-19: India Embed Lockdown, Millions of people homeless and without food

India’s policy of adopting a quarantine quarantine in the handling of the Corona Virus pandemic has left millions homeless and without food, the BBC reported.

India has adopted a ‘lockdown’ policy as a pro-active form of prevention for Corona Virus and is gradually being evaluated, adding that the problems facing millions of people will be a matter of government review.

The 1.3 billion Indian population was given a three-week lockdown notification. They found out that it was less than four hours before the policy was announced on Tuesday, March 24, 2020.

The state of Bollywood has officially reported about 900 positive cases.

However, experts worry that the actual number of infections can be much higher.

India has one of the lowest levels of testing in the world, despite efforts to increase its capacity.

There is a concern that pandemics in the country – one of the most populous in the world – could cause disaster. So far 20 people have been reported killed by the Corona Virus.

People are not allowed to leave their homes under the “total lockdown” action. All non-essential business has been closed and almost all public meetings are banned.

But there were reports of long queues and panic purchases as people struggled to get supplies.

After the lockdown policy was announced, people in Delhi and the financial capital, Mumbai, quickly filled stores and pharmacies amid fears of a supply shortage.

It prompted Prime Minister Narendra Modi to warn that buying panic would only spread the disease. He said the government would ensure there was sufficient supply of basic supplies.

Meanwhile, millions lost their jobs and lost wages as a result of the closure.

This has triggered an exodus from big cities like Delhi, where thousands of migrant workers set off on a long journey back to their hometown after transportation was stopped.

A worker died Saturday after trying to walk 270 miles (270 km) back home, a police official told Reuters.

On Saturday, March 29, 2020, the Indian Ministry of Information and Broadcasting responded to criticism that the action had been announced without any planning.

The government has implemented a “comprehensive response system” on its borders before the World Health Organization declared the Corona Virus pandemic a public health emergency on January 30, he added.

Some state governments have promised cash grants to migrant workers, but there are concerns about logistics of sending aid.